Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bag Lady Carole in Durango, CO says:

  • Stone-oil tanned leather body and strap
  • Alligator-print cowhide accents and inlays
  • Hand-hammered copper rivets and burrs
  • Horse Shoe Brand stainless steel hardware
  • Saddle-stitched with waxed braided cord
























Dear David:


A mother couldn't possibly ask for a better son than you.  Well, even if I could, I doubt it would do me any good.


I simply love my bag, and so does everyone else!  It's the perfect size and the style suits me to a "T".  The "M" brand under the flap is always a nice surprise when I open it up.  Makes me think of Michael [my son, one of her grandchildren], which I guess was the idea.  OK, OK, already . . . I promise to babysit more often.


I haven't used the two pockets on the back yet, but they're really neat and will come in handy when we travel.  Your dad and I think the strap's really neat too.


You can see from the photos that I've already messed up the stitching on the flap.  But like you said, it doesn't make any difference.  I will let you trim the threads when you come visit us again.  And how soon can we expect you?


The most thoughtful birthday gift ever.  Did Monica put you up to it?


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment